Like all berries, blueberries are one of the superfoods (highly dense in nutrients) and low in sugar, and who doesn’t like them?
I also like to play with lavender, which I fell in love with at the Lavender Festival in Sequim, Seattle last summer; how its presence makes you calm and others curious (what is it that you used?).
- 1/2 cup rolled, steel cut oats (or quick oats)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- a handful of nuts
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries
- ½ tsp dried edible lavender buds
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Bring water and almond milk to a boil, add a pinch of salt, stir in the rolled oats and lavender buds
- Reduce the heat to simmer for about 12-15 minutes till the oats are thick and soft (1-2 minutes if you are using quick oats)
- Dish out to a bowl and place blueberries on top
- Pour agave syrup on top to sweeten the meal.
2 Responses to Lavender Blueberry Oatmeal
Could I bake in oven too? Thank you!