Spring is here! This tour’s focus will be on seasonal food, how to pick and cook vegetables of the season. I will also be giving away some free recipes for yummy, easy recipes, ideal in Spring.
Let’s continue the tours at Wholefoods in Tribeca.
If you love good food but always have questions when shopping, this tour is for you.
I focus on organic, sustainable food as my primary choice.
Some of the things you will learn on the tour:
- what is natural versus organic food
- what are the local, seasonal food now that are great to eat in spring
- how to read product labels
- where sugar is hiding, under 10 different names
- great legumes and beans and what to do with them
- how to pick meat and fish
- what is quinoa and other less common grains
- how to cook an artichoke and other great, less common veggies what is a superfood
- what is the best food for energy what are the advertising messages you need to watch out for.
Book and pay on this Meetup page.