There is no better vegetable on a hot summer day like today in New Your City where we live than a cucumber. It’s refreshing, light, yet can be substantial when the creamy avocado is added. The flavors of this soup come together to provide your senses with a real treat. Many people with thyroid diseases despair the fact that so many veggies are off the list (at least for a while). Here is another great recipes that shows you that life without the cruciferous veggies (since so many are in the group) can be good too. Cucumbers are not only cooling for the body but also full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which are key in your thyroid diet. Avocados are known to be the “perfect food” as they are that rich in minerals, vitamins and healthy fats that you pretty much won’t need to anything else to live well. Perfect for a hot, steamy summer lunch or dinner, or any time you crave some nutritious green vegetables.
.Prep time: 25 minutes Serves: 6-8
- 3 lb persian cucumbers (or any young cucumber so the skin is soft)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin, toasted and freshly ground
- 1.5 lemons; juice and skin zest used
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- garnish: fruity green olive oil and chopped almonds
- There is no need to peel the cucumbers unless the skin is really hard.
- Throw the cucumbers, mint, coriander, lemon juice and zest, cumin, salt and garlic to a food processor.
- Give it a good spin till it’s all smooth.
- Add chunks of avocado and continue blending till really smooth.
- Chill for a few hours to get the full benefit of the flavors coming together.
- Drizzle some fruity olive oil on top of each serving and sprinkle with almonds.
Inspired by Anna Thomas’s book Love Soup.
If you are wanting to find the best recipes for you, as well as:
- Evaluate why you are gaining weight even though your diet and lifestyle have not changed and you tried so many things
- Understand why you are feeling fatigued even after a full night’s sleep
- Learn why you are often constipated, bloated and having indigestion issues, then
look up what a thyroid diet coach can do for you.