Coconuts, almonds, and bananas – all in one muffin. What more could you ask for in a thyroid food diet?
Muffins are a tasty treat to have once in a while. They can be sweet or savory and are delicious warm from the oven. But what happens when you have an egg, dairy, and/or gluten allergy? Don’t worry – you can still enjoy a mouth-watering muffin! These muffins are egg, dairy, and gluten free!
For this recipe, coconut flour was used. It is gluten free and high in dietary fiber and protein – a wonderful alternative to use for all your baking needs! Mashed bananas were used in place of eggs – they make a denser muffin and add a sweet flavor .
A delicious, excellent addition to a thyroid food diet.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
Makes 6 muffins
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp honey, raw if possible
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (no additives)
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat an empty pan until hot, and turn off the heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Blend together the bananas, coconut oil, honey, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the coconut flour into the batter until there are no lumps.
- Mix in the shredded coconut and almonds.
- Grease the baking pan with a little coconut oil. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Feeling sluggish? Learn about the typical thyroid problems in women.
One Response to Thyroid Food Diet: Coconut Almond Banana Muffins
The muffins were more savory then sweet. I will definitely do this receipt agian.