Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hourServes: 6-8
- 1 medium size pumpkin
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of cranberries
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of flax seed meal (ground flax seed)
- 2 stalks of sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
2. Cut the top of the pumpkin off with a sharp knife, scoop out the seeds, rub the outside the pumpkin with some olive oil.
3. Make the stuffing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl.
4. Stuff the pumpkin and cover it with the pumpkin top.
5. Place the pumpkin on a tray and bake for an hour or until very soft when poked with a fork.
Can be served as a main or as a side dish.
2 Responses to Baked Stuffed Pumpkin
I love the stuffed pumpkin recipe. A couple of times I modified it by splitting a butternut squash in half, spreading the rice mixture on the bottom of a glass dish and placing the squash skin side up on top of the rice and baking it for about 1 hour. I also have been adding cinnamon to the rice mix. YUM!
Perfect! Next one you make, take a photo and post it & recipe on http://www.facebook.com/thyroiddietcoach!