I know, it sounds bizarre to combine a savory avocado with honey and yoghurt.. But, this is about trying new things this year, so go for it!
For the health-concerned, here are some good reasons you should eat avocados: they lower cholesterol, prevent strokes, allow better absorption of nutrients, are a Vit E powerhouse (means protection against many diseases) and have cancer-preventive properties. Good enough?Prep time: 7 min Cooking time: 1 min Serves: 2
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 glass of plain organic yoghurt or kefir (or almond milk if you are off dairy)
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- 2 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into a blender
- Add yoghurt, honey and all the seeds
- Blend till either very smooth or somewhat smooth if you like chunks in your smoothie
- Touch your heart and tell it you love it.
P.S. Craving creamy food is sometimes a sign of needing a hug or a kiss; it’s an emotional craving. Instead of reaching out for ice cream, try this combo.