On a hypothyroidism diet? Be careful with this quick and nutritious recipe.
Here is another tasty, quick salad you can throw together in the matter of minutes, whether as lunch or a quick dinner. Smoked fish keeps well in the fridge for a week (or longer, just look at the expiry date) and is such a versatile food that can be plugged-in to so many things; salads, sandwiches, dips, or a snack with crackers.
Go easy on the arugula (meaning: no more than 2 servings per week), if you are suffering from hypothyroidism and are on a hypothyroidism diet, as arugula is known to have slight goiterous properties.Prep time: 7 min Serves: 2
- 2 handfuls of baby arugula
- smoked fish – as much as you like (make sure it’s free of nitrates)
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- Combine arugula, smoked fish (torn to chunks), and avocado slices in a bowl
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar (or lemon) and salt together they they emulsify
- Pour the dressing over arugula
Learn the thyroid foods to avoid if you have a hypothyroid.