Elimination Diet Friendly Almond Bread for your Thyroid Nutrition
High protein, low carb, nutritious, filling, and egg-, dairy-, gluten-, soy-, and corn-free! What more could you ask for?
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30-40 minutes Makes: 1 loaf (about 12 slices)
- 1.5 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 4.5 tbsp water
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add water to ground flaxseeds and mix well. Let sit to start forming a gel.
- Grease the bottom of a baking pan
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- In the same bowl with the flaxseed mixture, add the honey and coconut oil and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (be careful not to burn it!)
Enjoy this filling bread as is, with some coconut or almond butter, or fresh berries.
If you’re looking for another delicious elimination diet recipe for good thyroid nutrition, check out these Grain-Free Almond Flour Zucchini Muffins. Yum!
2 Responses to Elimination Diet Almond Bread for Thyroid Nutrition
I often experience numbness/tingling in my hands/arms as well as overall tiredness when I eat almonds or almond flour. When I investigated I discovered that they are high in goitrogens and probably suppressing my thyroid function therefore causing the symptoms… why would you include almonds when you choose to exclude soy and corn?
Hi Ann, almonds are fairly low in goiterous properties as compared to many other foods, like raw kale, broccoli, etc. I therefore keep them in my recipes. I cut out soy and corn as many people have food intolerance to them, more often than to almonds. If you had such a reaction to them, it might well be that you have an allergy or intolerance to almonds.